LR

1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each category.

Significance:4/5
Structure:4/5
Simplicity:4/5
Rehearsal:4/5

Total: 16/20
Total: 80%

WWW: 

  • Good body language
  • Very good pace and eye contact with audiences 
  • Fluent presentation style
  • Very good introduction to the ignite
  • Provided context on the film and piece of text
  • Great use of media terminology e.g 'set-pieces'
Good genre vocab/theory:

  • Iconography
  • conventional
  • Chandler Quotes
  • Abercromie 
  • Steve Neale
  • Buckingham
-Very well designed slides
-Good conclusion
-Good quality research


EBI:


  • Timing and rehearsal of start
  • Link to genre in a wider context
  • Talked about Steve Neale more and his theory

2) Use this feedback and your own feelings regarding your presentation to self-assess and write a detailed WWW and EBI for your own research and presentation as a whole.

One main thing that would have made my presentation better is the structure of the presentation. When looking back, I talk about the basics of movie and talk about the violence in the film then talking about institution. I jumped around a lot which could of made it difficult for the audience to follow the presentation. The case studies about John Wick should have been more detail and how it was influence by the movie or media. I should of talked about to what extent it was the Action genre went t to develop over the years. I also mention BBFC but could of talked about why it was rated 15 and if it was suitable or not for the audience.

3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your critical investigation. Some of this may refer to your feedback (a greater focus on media debates, for example) or in rare cases you may want to change the focus of your investigation entirely.


In my presentation the debate/question I focused on was 'The adaptations of the action genre in the film industry',  the text I am investigating is John Wick (2014) and John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017). Within my presentation I covered the basic information on 'John Wick' and I referred to the different media theories and their theorists. I stuck to the main question throughout the entire presentations and i will continue this trend across the entire essay. In the presentation I needed to create a link between the film and the aspect of media institutions causing violence in the action genre as well as iconography such as the the protagonist following the conventional action genre narratives and following on key theories. In future presentations I need to rehearse so that it's better to watch also there needs to be less text on screen. 











Comments